Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Attic



As I ascend the winding stairway to the attic...my mind wanders back to the bygone days of my childhood.

I've managed to avoid this room for several years no, however, for whatever reason, unbeknownst to me right now, I'm being led to search through the past in order to move on to a better and brighter future.

Upon entering I see a number of boxes, neatly stacked and
labeled. This one sounds interesting...BABY AND TODDLER
YEARS. Since this might take some time to look through I am
searching for the rocking chair that was put up here some time ago. I might as well be comfortable..

OH WOW!! pictures of my brother and sister and me. Was I
really that chubby as a baby? My brother is two years older and
my sister is two years younger than me but I find I like their
pictures better than my own. As I move on through the album
I find all three of us playing in the snow....snowball fights and
making snow angels...those were fun times, except for having
to wear that bulky bummer of a snowsuit.




Spring has arrived in this next picture and I remember I am
7 yrs. old and it was so much fun to go out horse backriding at our friends' place in the country. As I continue on, I find a picture of me entering school for the first time. The adventures and memories of my school years will have to wait since the clock is telling me it is time to prepare for the Bible Study group meeting at the Castle today. I bid you all adieu for now and I am sure I will return to the attic again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment