Friday, May 21, 2010

The Ballroom

I'm here dancing through the steps, going through the motions hoping I'll get them right this time.

This is my ballroom of life's expectations or should I say my expectations.



Tiptoeing on the edge of disciplinary actions, in a home with an alcoholic dad and a strict mom became a day to day struggle.

As I grew older I would strut around, flaunting the fact to my brother and sister that I had once again used my cunning ways to sidestep getting whipped. Sometimes one of them would be blamed for what I had done.


Just as the fox learns how to do the foxtrott in the hen house to get the prize chicken, I too learned how to trot around the challenges confronting me in order to get what I wanted. Those wants were only based on adolescent desires which I soon learned were fragmented and wrong.







Skirting issues and pretending soon became old hat and as I put on another pair of dancing shoes, I tapped my way into a marriage,to my first husband, that afforded me the opportunity to escape from the home of my childhood. I thought, at the time, with this new home,new chance and someone to really love me I could dance my way into a whole new scene in this journey of my life.


Trube Castle. Galveston, Texas. Photo by Nick SaumImage via Wikipedia





I see by the clock on the wall that this dancing session has come to an end.
I will be back to tell you of more dance steps I've learned along the many journeys in my life.

Thanks for visiting Me at the Castle. I look forward to your future visits.









Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Oh Pam...this is so good...I love your writing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I love your new site. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments Susan and Jean. I appreciate you following my blogs and stopping by often.

    ReplyDelete