Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Garden








Today I'm about to enjoy the room that lies beyond these castle doors. The one that has no boundaries of man-made walls. The room of God's great outdoor creations.

My backyard garden sanctuary. As I look around, the chickadees, rosy finches, doves
and other feathered friends are awaiting my arrival knowing I've come prepared to refill their bird feeders once again. As I prepare to do so, I am caught off guard by a glimpse of a fluffy tailed squirrel scampering across the roof of the near by wood shed. He must be looking for more peanuts to quench his appetite. While finishing this everyday feeding ritual, I find myself lingering for a moment to give thanks to the Lord for the privilege of listening to and viewing these intriguing creatures.

There are a number of other tasks needing my attention.. the roses are looking quite lovely which reminds me that a vase of these beauties would


add splendor to the castle's foyer table. Now I'm off to the various other flower and vegetable areas in this great outdoor room. The tomato and cucumber vines are in need of tying up once again so they can stretch upward and grow wonderful fruit to harvest in order to be used in salads and other culinary delights. The patty pan squash, onions, asparagus and beets are all doing quite nicely; however, upon further observation I see hoeing is needed to rid them of the ever dreaded weeds which seem to thrive prolifically.




Once the hoeing is finished I grant myself a rest in the lawn chair by the shade of the big Japanese elm tree. Here I am able to gather my thoughts of how blessed I am to be given the opportunity to be my Lord and Savior's hands and feet to care for a small portion of His wonderful creation here in this great outdoor room.

While viewing the castle I know that I will need to go inside soon as there are many rooms within beckoning me to return. But for now I wish to capture a few more memories while soaking in the grandeaur of my garden sanctuary.. I bid you, my friends, adieu until once again you choose to stop by and visit.






by Pam Fidler





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment